Rulon Enterprises is comprised of several different business ventures. We are continually looking for new business opportunities that maximize our sustainability and profitability.
The family farm consists of over 6,000 acres located in Hamilton, Tipton, and Madison counties in Indiana. The farm produces yellow-dent corn, seed soybeans for Beck’s Hybrids, and commercial soybeans utilizing a 100 percent no-till production system since 1991. Current research areas include cover crops for reduced input use while improving soil health, growing continuous corn economically in a no-till system, and VRT on almost every input to reduce usage.
DRAINAGE CONSULTING AND INSTALLATION
Our drainage consulting and installation business uses a four-step scientific approach to optimize your farm’s productive capacity.
– Increase your yield: In Indiana, corn yields increased from 14 to 23 bushels per acre in areas where a drainage system had recently been installed.
– Improve soil aeration: Poorly drained soil decreases the air exchange between the soil and the atmosphere, which decreases the oxygen available for crop development. Tile drainage
works to reverse this problem.
– Benefit the environment: Tile drainage reduces soil erosion and soil run-off up to sixty-five percent.
– Decrease risk of disease: Standing water is a breeding ground for disease and insects that will later damage your crop. Drainage reduces crop stress due to disease and insect damage.
The Four-Step Plan
1. Create a topography map: Creating a RTK topography map allows you to better understand the layout of the land and locate existing field tiles. This precision GPS technology
optimizes the water flow for the entire land parcel.
2. Analyze topography data: We combine our years of drainage experience with expert LANDRAIN software to create a minimum-cost, maximum-benefit plan designed to fulfill your goals.
3. Present and review the analysis: Rulon Enterprises always puts your needs first. We present our analysis-based plan, hear your input and feedback, and create a final plan.
4. Install the drainage system: We professionally install the system with the highest quality of products and workmanship as quickly as possible to best suit your needs.
RISK MANAGEMENT AND MARKETING
BRYANT PREMIUM PORK, LLC
Our hog farm, ran by Mark Bryant, is a six hundred sow farrow-to-finish hog facility located in Atlanta, Indiana. We currently produce hogs contracted with Indiana Kitchen Premium Pork.
Gypsum Spreading, Lime Spreading, Soil Testing, Fertility Mapping, Customized Fertility Analysis and Application Maps, Herbicide Application.